Iceland: PCC Club Trip
Our original planned Phoenix Camera Club trip was canceled due to the surge of Omicron. We hope to offer another club trip in 2024. Let us know if you are interested in joining us.
TBD, 2024: 9 days / 8 nights
In addition to fantastic landscapes, we hope to capture fall colors and northern lights. We will visit the following areas and photograph many of the iconic images of Iceland (see map also):
- Reykjavik– where we may photograph:
- Volcano (if still active and accessible), Voyager, Harpa Concert Hall, Hallgrimskirkja, colorful downtown buildings)
- Snaefellsness Peninsula – where we may photograph:
- Church of Budir, Kirkjufell Mountain and Kirkjufoss, Stone arch and basalt columns at Arnastapi, Londrangar Sea stacks, Ingjaldsholl Church
- Golden Circle – where we may photograph:
- Gulfoss, Barnafossar, Oxararfoss, Thingvellir, Bruarfoss, Strokkur / Geysir Hestar, Reykholt Church, Kerid Crater, Mossfellskirkja)
- Vik – where we may photograph:
- Dryholaey, Reynisjara Beach, Reynisdrangar Sea Stacks, Reyniskirkja, Halsanefshellir Cave and Basalt columns, Vik I Myrdal Church)
- Hofn – where we may photograph:
- Vestrahorn, Diamond Beach, Glacier Lagoon, Estrahorn
There are several other interesting waterfalls, geological formations, canyons, turf covered buildings / churches, etc., that we may photography along the way.
- [TBD] per person, double occupancy
- 50% down payment due immediately
- 50% due June 1, 2022
- One private transfer from Keflavík Airport to Reykjavík
- Daily Breakfast
- 8 nights accommodations (ensuite)
- Auto w/ automatic transmission
- Unlimited in-car Wi-Fi
- Semi-private transfer from Reykjavík to Keflavík Airport on departure
- Taxes & service fees
- Flights to/from Iceland
- Personal travel insurance
- Lunch, Dinner, Snacks, Drinks
- Entrance / parking fees
What to Expect
Amazing scenery, a schedule to maximize photography outings (and to that end not much sleep), and good camaraderie. You will enjoy the trip more if you can comfortably hike 3-4 miles with your gear. For the most part, photography locations will be within 1/4 mi walk from the car, but some of these locations may be up or down an incline of uneven ground or across a sandy beach (e.g., Diamond Beach or Reynisdrangar Sea Stacks).
Additional information on weather and packing can be found on our Iceland Resource page.
One change in dates (if needed as a group) is covered without change fees.
If you/we need to cancel due to COVID reasons*, there is a complete refund.
*¹ Covid-19 related reasons are defined as: i) if the country (or countries) you are visiting is defined as a high-risk area by your home country, ii) if borders are closed in either direction of travel, or iii) if you need to stay in quarantine for more than one day in the country you are visiting.
If Iceland changes its policy and a COVID test is required upon arrival, the cost will reimbursed. (Note, this does not cover tests required prior to departure, or tests required by the US to return to the country. )