Namibia: PCC Club Trip [details in progress]
August 01-15, 2023: 14 days / 13 nights
Namibia is a photographer’s paradise as it offers a rich variety of subjects. We will be photographing epic landscapes, incredible wildlife, a local tribe and a unique ghost town. On our agenda:
- Quiver Trees at Keetmanshoop
- Ghost Town Luderitz / Kolmanskop
- Deadvlei (Camel Thorne Trees) and Sossusvlei Sand Dunes
- Flamingos at Walvis Bay
- Wildlife on Safari at Etosha National Park and
- Himba Tribe near Etosha
Join us on our a Phoenix Camera Club trip to Namibia next August 2023. Contact us to reserve your spot.
- Windhoek [1 night]
- Keetmanshoop [1 night]
- Ludertiz [2 nights]
- Sossusvlei [2 nights]
- Walvis Bay [ 2 nights]
- Etosha [4 nights]
- Windhoek [1 night]
- $7,500 per person, double occupancy (if 9 guests) **
- $8,500 per person, double occupancy (if 5 guests) **
- 1/3 down payment due immediately
- 1/3 due Dec 1, 2022
- 1/3 due May 1, 2023
Single Supplement: $500
Sans Tribe Add-on: ~$700
**Note, pricing may need to be adjusted to accommodate fuel prices increases.
- Professional Guide
- Professional wildlife and architecture photographer
- 20+ years of leading game drives
- 13 nights accommodations
- Transportation throughout (Including airport transfers to / from Windhoek)
- Entrance / park fees / fuel
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners, snacks and non-alcoholic beverages
- Taxes & service fees
- Flights to/from Windhoek, Namibia
- Personal travel insurance / medical insurance
- Tips to guide
- Alcoholic beverages, laundry, personal items
- Covid testing (if still required)
What to Expect
You can plan on amazing scenery and wildlife as well as a schedule to maximize photography outings at each location. You will enjoy the trip more if you can comfortably hike 2-3 miles with your gear over uneven, rocky terrain and / or sand. Large sections of our travel will be on rough and unpaved roads. Travelers with back or neck issues should take this into consideration. On safari, each participant will have a window seat.
This is designed as a photo tour and not a structured photo workshop. Like most of our camera club trips, the format will be informal. We will bring you to the iconic locations in Namibia. Our goal is to get you to the right place at the right time. Jeff and I will provide an overview of each location so you know what to expect for the next day’s shoot (gear suggestions, etc.). Our guide, Ryan, Jeff, and I are available for shooting guidance, but we will be shooting along side you. There is no planned teaching or image critiquing. That being said, as time permits, Jeff and I and Ryan will gather to download, review and edit our photos in a group setting and share informal critiquing, we hope you will join us.
Lodging will varying according to the location and will be confirmed when the trip is confirmed. In Ludertiz and Walvis Bay we will plan to stay in small upscale boutique hotels. In Keetmanshoop, we will have basic lodging at the Quiver Tree Rest Camp. In Etosha, we will stay in the park to give us the most flexibility and will have basic rooms / bungalows. In Sossusvlei we plan to stay at an upscale tented camp inside the first gate. In Windhoek, lodging will be equivalent to a Fairfield or a Hilton Garden Inn.
For food, breakfast is provided by the lodges. Lunches will be picnic style the road. Dinners will be at restaurants when we are in town (e.g., Luderitz), sometimes provided by the lodging (Quiver Trees & Sossussvlei). and the remainder will be cooked at the campsite (e.g., Etosha). Please let us know when booking if there are dietary needs so we can discuss how we may be able to accommodate.
Additional information on weather and packing can be found on our Namibia Resource Page.
Ryan Plakonouris: Ryan is a South African native, an accomplished professional photographer and has over 20 years experience as safari guide.
Ryan has spent a lifetime behind the lens. His business is comprised of three components that all revolve around digital photographic art: creative, travel, and aid. The creative aspect involves capturing, processing and editing high quality content for print and video marketing. The travel component involves wildlife photographic safaris and workshops. Aid involves using photography to generate funds for humanitarian and conservation causes and projects through WorldPix. Ryan co-founded this non-profit foundation, and proudly serves as its CEO.
Travel Insurance & Medical Insurance
Medical Insurance is required. Comprehensive travel insurance is highly recommended. They are often purchased together. Here are a few options that you may research to identify the best match to your needs:
Deposits will be refunded if a minimum number of participants (5) is not reached by August 1, 2022. After the trip is confirmed, the following cancellation policy will be enforced:
- If cancellation occurs prior to second payment, there will be a 10% processing fee reduced from refund.
- If cancellation occurs prior to third payment, there will be a 50% processing fee reduced from refund (if we are able to fill your slot, where there will be a 10% processing fee reduced from refund).
- If cancellation occurs after third payment, there will be no refund (if we are able to fill your slot, where there will be a 10% processing fee reduced from refund).
Sample Images From Locations We Plan to Visit